2012 Jo Ross Memorial Award
Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Jo Ross memorial award, Chris Marshall.
Chris Marshall has made a significant contribution to improving our local environment in the following areas:
- He was an early member of the local environmental group Greening Bathurst. Chris was involved with others in such environmental projects as Sawpit Creek; the Native Vegetation Cycle/Walkway Corridor and the Bathurst Vegetation Management Plan.
- Is a member and currently the Chair of Boundary Road Reserve. Chris is a hands on member keen to get his hands dirty doing plantings, slashing, weeding and many other tasks. He also is a competent organiser, planner and communicator behind the scenes.
- Is a keen and well versed bird watcher. Chris created The Birds Of Boundary Road document based on survey results.
- Has professionally held the positions of District Soil Conservationist and as a Strategic Planner for the Environment Protection Authority.
- Is a keen communicator of environmental issues through his writings.
- Chris sees as important where and how we accommodate for future development in Bathurst in a sustainable manner as well as encouraging/enabling Bathurst people to be connected to the natural environment.
Congratulations also extended to our nominees for the award - Gillian Baldwin, BRC Environmental Team, BCCAN and the Community Guardians of the O’Connell Memorial Avenue