About Greening Bathurst - Mission Statement
Vegetation conservation and management is critical to achieving sustainable development through its strong influence on biodiversity, water quality, landscape protection and other environmental values.
- A group that works effectively as a team in order to be an accountable and respected community organization.
- A local community well informed about BVMP progress with awareness of past achievements and future challenges.
- A local community with the capacity to act in order to benefit the environment.
- All BVMP principles and recommendations implemented and the Vision achieved.
- Achieve best practice standards of organizational governance, operational competence and community service.
- Attract and maintain a membership representative of the Bathurst regional community with diverse expertise and interests.
- Build and maintain a positive, consultative relationship with Bathurst Regional Council on matters of vegetation conservation and management with reference to the BVMP. Advocate for the BVMP to be maintained as a working document, supported by processes of implementation, review, adjustment and progress reporting.
- Establish and maintain information networks within the community.
- Provide a forum for community discussion and debate associated with vegetation conservation and management.
- Build community capacity by raising the levels of awareness, motivation, knowledge and skills pertinent to improving vegetation conservation and management.
- Facilitate provision of resources and support to community project-work that is consistent with the principles and recommendations of the BVMP.